Now for the cute stuff! Packing for baby was both surreal and stressful. I’ve never had a baby before so I really don’t know what to expect. Some experienced local mommies gave me a few tips about what I’ll need for giving birth in our local baby and momma hospital which is invaluable because every hospital is different. Here’s what we are bringing:
- 2 x 26 Naty disposable diapers size 1
- Skip Hop Changing pad
- Anointment Baby Balm
- Aleva Bamboo baby wipes
- Vitamin D Drops
- 2 x Newborn soothers
- 2 x flannel receiving blankets
- 1 x hooded bath towel
- 1 x Aiden & Anais swaddling blanket
We are planning to cloth diaper once we get home but for the hospital we decided it would be best to go with disposables because
- There will already be a lot going on, learning wise, for us and we don’t want to add any unneeded stress.
- We only have about 12 newborn cloth diapers and they will have to be washed daily and if we are in the hospital for more than a day, that wont fly.
- MECONIUM. Those first few baby poops are expected to be nasty and could leave some bad stains in the cloth diapers.
Now for babies wardrobe! The goal is to just have him in his diaper and wrapped up in his blankie for ample skin-to-skin time with both my husband and I. Did you know a new mom’s body is able to adjust its temperature in order to keep baby at the optimal temperature? ahhh nature!
- 3 sleepers
- 3 onesies
- 2 hand-made sweaters from Grandma
- 4 little hats
- 6 socks and 4 mitts
Of what we’ve packed we’ll choose what he’s coming home in, unless we find something way too cute to pass up before then, which is highly likely! To me it doesn’t feel like enough clothing but if he’s just in his diaper for majority of the time we are in the hospital, it should be more than enough. And if we need fresh clothes, daddy can run home and grab some! We only live 5 minutes from the hospital.
So what do you think? Too much? Not enough? Let me know in the comments!
Happy baby-bag packing!!